Things to do in Nagoya Batam? Ok, let’s talk about it. But first, allow me to talk about this district a while. Nagoya is one of most popular business district in Batam Island. Located in the northern peninsula of Batam island, Nagoya is the pulse of the largest economic center of Batam, as a trade center, offices and business center. Most hotels, entertainment centers and eat places in Batam is located in Nagoya. The thing to remember, Nagoya here is different from Nagoya in Japan. In this article, we will show you, what are things to do in Nagoya Batam, including the information and recommendation.
How to get to Nagoya, Batam
First thing first. Before you explore Nagoya, first thing you need to know is how to get here. Either you comes to Batam by ferry or airplanes, it is not so hard to reach here. As this district is very tourist friendly and popular.
To be noted, in Batam now, we were still lack of public transportation. On the several entrance to Batam Island, it may not have the public transportation. So the only choice is to go by taxi or you may reserve or rent a car before.
I will go down with the list of major ferry terminals and airport and how to get to Nagoya from there.
1. Harbour Bay International Ferry Terminal
If you are coming from Singapore and make it to Batam through Harbour Bay International Ferry Terminal, then that is your right choice. Why? It is because this Ferry Terminal is the closest gate to Nagoya. You only need 5 minutes drive to reach the city of Nagoya, either by taxi or car rental. There is rare public transportation here.
If you intend to walk to Nagoya, it is also possible. You only need 15 to 20 minutes walk to Nagoya from here.
- Looking for hotels near here? Choose the list of hotel in Batu Ampar here.
2. Sekupang International Ferry Terminal
Sekupang is the oldest international ferry terminal in Batam. But old is gold. Now, this ferry terminal already renovated and become modern terminal. From here, you need to drive about 30 minutes to get to Nagoya. There is also very rare public transportation here. You may need to rent a taxi.
3. Batam Center International Ferry Terminal
You can also enter through terminal ferry Batam Center from Singapore or Malaysia (Johor Bahru). This is the most popular and the most crowded ferry terminal in Batam. Most of the tourist go through this terminal to go to Batam. There is a public transportation here to go to Nagoya. But, still, it is recommended to go by taxi or rent a car.
4. Hang Nadim Airport
If you are from other islands in Indonesia or Malaysia (Malacca or Kuala Lumpur) could use the airlines. From Hang Nadim Airport Batam to Nagoya takes about 40 minutes drive.
Recommended read: How to get around in Batam
Things to do in Nagoya Batam – Eat Places
Now, we go to main topic for things to do in Nagoya Batam. First, lets go to the eat places stop. You can obtained good eat places here in Nagoya, the following are eat places in Nagoya based on the budget you have.
1. Places to Eat for Budget traveler
For those who have limited budgets may be trying to eat in these places:
- Nagoya Food Court, opposite the Hotel Sahid Rashinta.
- A1 Food court, near Lucky Plaza Nagoya, with Indonesian and Chinese dishes.
- Sindo Happy Food Court, at the intersection of faith Bonjol and Windsor Road.
- Restaurant Sederhana, Padang Restaurant in Windsor Central Block B 1 Nagoya or near Mc Donald or near Hotel Harmoni.
- Salero Basamo Restaurant, Padang Restaurant in opposite Swiss Inn Hotel Penuin. You can read our review at Basamo Restaurant here.
- You can also try the culinary satay, grilled chicken and grilled chicken in a street stall next to Nagoya Hill, or next to Nagoya Plaza Hotel.
2. Eat Places for Mid range
- Fish Soup Batam Yong Kee, in Nagoya City Centre Complex Block E No.8-9 Nagoya.
- Ayam Penyet Ria, at Nagoya Hill.
- Lapangan Tembak Senayan, in BCS Mall, Nagoya Hill.
- Dapoer Kampoeng, Nagoya Hill.
- Wey Wey Seafood Restaurant, at Harbour Bay.
- Harbour Bay Seafood at Harbour Bay.
- The Pier Batam, western restaurant at Harbour Bay.
- De Patrros Seafood Restaurant, at Harbour Bay.
- Foodstreet Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall, various restaurant and dishes.
Things to do in Nagoya Batam – Where to Stay
After we go through some recommended eat places in Nagoya, now times to see around where to stay in Nagoya. I will put 3 recommendations for you. Starting from the most recommended hotel, regardless of price.
1. Grand I Hotel
Previously known as I Hotel Batam, but after a quite big renovations in 2015, it changes name to Grand I Hotel. It is located in a strategic place in the center of the most popular business and shopping in the city of Batam. The hotel is located just next to the largest shopping center in Batam, namely Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.
- Details and direct book to Grand I Hotel Batam.
2. Nagoya Hill Hotel
A brand new hotel located just next to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall. Most strategic place to stay.
- Details and direct book to Nagoya Hill Hotel.
3. Harmoni Hotel
One of the old hotel in Batam, but still have it own luxuriousness. Have the popular club and cafe in town, namely Noname Cafe. And located just next to Nagoya Entertainment District or widely known as Kampung Bule.
- Details and direct book to Harmoni Hotel Batam.
Things to do in Nagoya Batam – Shopping!
Now you have found your eat places and convenient place to stay. It’s time for shopping! For some people, traveled to Nagoya is synonymous with shopping. Now this is recommended shopping places in Nagoya.
- Recommended read: Cheap Shopping Places for Perfumes, Gadgets, and Tas Branded Batam
1. Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall
This Mall is the largest shopping mall in Batam. You can shop fashion such as bags, perfume and clothes. For shopping electronics and gadgets you can shop at the Ground Floor in front of Hypermart. Culinary tour in Nagoya Hill you can try in Nagoya Hill Foodstreet.
- Read more: Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall
2. Top 100 Penuin
You want to buy daily necessities and souvenirs at a low price place in the Top 100 Mall Penuin.
3. Nagoya City Walk
It is a mall that is fairly new, the concept is city walk. Read the details of Nagoya City Walk here.
4. Lucky Plaza
This place is a shopping electronics and gadgets oldest in Batam. The goods here are offered at lower prices. Read the details of Lucky Plaza here.
5. Nagoya Wet Market
You want shopping at a wet market, Market Nagoya is the most complete shopping.
6. Factory Outlet Penuin
It is a fashion shopping place at a very cheap price and good quality. Read the details of Factory Outlet Penuin.
7. BCS Mall
BCS Mall is the center of fashion with the latest trend of the most widely visited by tourists from Singapore. Read the details of BCS Mall.
1. Nagoya Hill tempat berbelanja di Batam
Nagoya Hill tempat berbelanja di Batam
2. 1st Factory Outlet Shopping Clothing in Batam
1st Factory Outlet Shopping Clothing in Batam
3. Shopping in Nagoya - BCS Mall
Things to do in Nagoya Batam – Massage
Wow! After a day full of activities, now times to relax. There are tons of spa and massage here in Batam. Spa and massage is much favored by foreign tourists. Because the price is cheap with a satisfactory service is the hallmarks spa and massage in Nagoya, Batam.