How to get around in Batam ? This might be one of your questions before starting to go to explore batam. Yes, it is important to know what is the condition of the country or city you would like to visit. Transportation is one of those. So, here I will try to explain on how to get around in Batam. Unlike the other countries or cities, Batam is quite different in most case, there was a rare public transportation. Check this out!
How to Get Around in Batam by Taxi
You can use the services of a taxi to get around Batam. Almost in every location in Batam as ferry terminal, airports, malls, hotels and other strategic places there must be a taxi.
There are two types of taxi in Batam. So, you must choose and take a look carefully before making a decision. Taxi in Batam mostly been using the meter, although sometimes there are taxis that offer a flat rate with bargaining.
So here are the two types of taxi you can found in Batam, for your reference and decision making.
- “Legal” Taxi: legal here means registered. It is using meters, driver with uniform and standard operation for taxi. It is highly recommended to use this taxi service. Example: Blue Bird, Silver Cab. Just look at its license plate, if it yellow, then it is ‘legal’.
Illegal” Regular Taxi: it is non metered taxi. It will go with bargaining only. There is also some legal taxi which can go by bargain. It can be cheaper than legal taxi, but just ensure you know what you do before proceed. Mostly the license plate will be black.
You can find the details of legal taxi in Batam on the end of this page.
How to Get Around in Batam by Car Rental
If you want to be more efficient and not be limited by the distance that will surround you, then use the car rental service is the best choice to get around Batam.
- Choose the list of batam car rental here.
How to Get Around in Batam by Tour and Travel Service
This is the most convenient choice for you to go explore Batam. It is recommended for you who are still the first time to go to explore Batam. There are mainstream tourism you can get by following itinerary from tour and travel service.
- Choose your tour and travel agent here.
- Address: Jl. Sudirman No. 1, Sukajadi, Batam Kota, Kota Batam, Kepulauan Riau
- Phone:(0778) 421234
- Operating hours: 24 hours
- Official website: http://www.bluebirdgroup.com/
- Address: Ruko Plamo Garden, Baloi Permai, Batam Kota, Kota Batam, Kepulauan Riau
- Phone: (0778) 461000
- Official website: http://www.silvercab.co.id/