By Ministerial Regulation no. 22 of 2015 dated 2 September 2015, Minister for Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia, Yasonna H. Laoly has added a number of Entry and Exit points in the Riau Islands where Immigration Officials may issue Free Visa as per Presidential Regulations No. 69 of 2015.
Added to the Batam Free VISA list are seaports in Batam : Nongsa Terminal Bahari, Marina Teluk Senimba and Citra Tri Tunas, on Bintan are Bandar Bentan Telani Lagoi, Bandar Seri Udana Lobam, and in the Karimun Islands :Tanjung Balai Karimun port.
Meanwhile, the port of Tanjung Uban on Bintan Island which was previously designated Entry Point for Free Visa is herewith cancelled.
Therefore , starting today, Friday, 4 September 2015, airports and seaports that are given authority to provide Visa Free facilities to specified nationals, and are integrated in the Immigration Information Management System , are the following:
- Bandara internasional Soekarno-Hatta, Jakarta
- Bandara internasional Ngurah Rai, Bali
- Bandara internasional Juanda, Surabaya, Jawa Timur
- Bandara Internasional Hang Nadim, Batam, Kepulauan Riau
Batam Free VISA Seaports
- Sekupang International Ferry Terminal
- Batam Center International Ferry Terminal
- Nongsa Terminal Bahari
- Marina Teluk Senimba
- Citra Tri Tunas
Non Batam Free VISA Seaports
- Sri Bintan
- Bandar Bentan Telani Lagoi
- Bandar Seri Udana Lobam
- Tanjung Balai Karimun
Visa Free for 15 countries and Special Administrative Regions
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hongkong SAR (Special Administrative Region)
- Macau SAR (Special Administrative Region)
30 others extended Free Tourist Visa only
- Republik Rakyat Cina
- Republik Korea
- Amerika Serikat
- Selandia Baru
- UK (United Kingdom)
- Republik Ceko
- Uni Emirat Arab
- Afrika Selatan
- Visa Free entry and departure can be processed only through one of the above airports or seaports.
- Passengers who enter Visa Free through one of these ports must leave through one of the above designated ports only and can not be processed when wishing to leave through any other airport or seaport.