Batam Island territory mostly is sea and water. That’s why the mainstay of the tourist destination is associated with the waters, such as beach attractions and sports like kayak, canoe, banana boat, and other water sports. Not only sea and beach, one of the water sport which is popular among the foreign tourists in Batam is the cable ski batam at Marina Waterfront city.
What is cable ski?
Cable ski is simply water-skiing where the skier is not pulled by a boat but by an overhead cable which is suspended 8-12 meters above water surface by specifically designed pylons. One can enjoy the thrills of Wakeboarding, Wakeskating, Kneeboarding, Double-Skis, Slaloms and even Barefoot Skiing. Basically you can do anything that glides on water on the cable system.
How to get to cable ski Batam
Cable Ski Batam located in Waterfront City Marina, Batam. It is on the northern island of Batam, near the famous resorts, Harris Resort Waterfront and Holiday Inn Resort. The location of cable ski batam water sport is always crowded during the week end.
The location is strategically in the Marina Waterfront area, just 3 minutes away from the ferry terminal Water Front City, and just across from the Harris Resort and Hotel, and only 3 minutes from the Holiday Inn Hotel.
- If you are coming from Batam Center, you can directly rent a taxy from there, 20 to 25 minutes from Batam Center International Ferry terminal.
- From Sekupang International Ferry terminal, just take taxy around 10 to 15 minutes.
- If you stayed at the hotel near Nagoya or Jodoh, it’s approximately 30 minutes from there.
A little history
Cable ski water sport located in a lake around 5 Hectares Square. The operator is BCP (Batam Cable-Ski Park) and this was the first Cable-Ski Park built in Asia. The construction began in February 1992 as part of an attraction for Waterfront City Resort. Everything was built on a reclaimed land on the southern coastline of Batam Island.
The water is clean and clear, making it very convenient to surf with a retractable cord. The panorama is a natural beauty and surrounded by forests which adds convenience for refreshing during week end.
- Operator: BCP (Batam Cable-ski Park)
- Address: Waterfront City Resort, Batam
- Official Website: www.cable-ski.com
- Phone: +65 94875007 (SG), +62 852 72239707 (ID), +62 778 381485 (ID)
- Opening hours: 9AM to sunset daily, local time